Local 5629 Nomination and Election Committee has been advised that a number of members did not receive ballots to vote in the 2018 Special Election. To assure that all eligible members have the opportunity to vote, the Committee has extended the voting time period. Ballots that have been mailed in have not yet been opened and are being held under security at the American Arbitration Association. The new deadline for votes to be received will be January 17, 2019. The count will be held by the American Arbitration Association on January 18, 2019.
Members who did not receive ballots or lost theirs, are directed to request replacements by calling American Arbitration Association Duplicate Hotline 1-800-529-5218 Monday through Friday, 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. This number is to be utilized only for duplicate ballot requests. Members may also make requests by e-mailing requests to Sacha Ulerio at firstname.lastname@example.org.
You have still have the opportunity to have your vote counted. Act now!
- You must be a member in good standing in order for your ballot to be counted.
- Mark an “X” in the box next to the name of the candidate(s) of your choice. Do not place your name, initials or any other identifying information on the ballot. Ballots containing any identifying information will be voided.
- Place your ballot in the small white envelope labeled SECRET BALLOT on the front, and seal the envelope. Insert the sealed SECRET BALLOT envelope inside the Business Reply envelope pre-addressed to the American Arbitration Association and seal it.
- Your name and address have been added to the Business Reply envelope pre-addressed to the American Arbitration Association. Your name on this envelope will identify you as an eligible voter. DO NOT DAMAGE THE CONTROL NUMBER OR YOUR MAILING INFORMATION ON THE BALLOT ENVELOPE! It will be used by the American Arbitration Association to determine eligibility and to sort the ballots at the ballot count. Your vote will remain secret because the SECRET BALLOT envelope containing your ballot will be separated from the return ballot envelope and mixed with other SECRET BALLOT envelopes before they are opened and the ballots counted. ENVELOPES RECEIVED WITH DAMAGED OR MISSING CONTROL NUMBERS OR VOTER INFORMATION WILL BE VOIDED.
- Mail the business reply envelope as soon as possible. No postage is necessary if mailed in the United States. IN ORDER TO BE COUNTED, THE AMERICAN ARBITRATION ASSOCIATION MUST RECEIVE YOUR MAILED BUSINESS REPLY ENVELOPE NO LATER THAN 9:00 A.M. ON THURSDAY, JANUARY 17, 2019.
HPAE LOCAL 5629 NOMINATION/ELECTION COMMITTEE: Todd Tubby, Phyllis Belanger, Elaine Dembowski and Jeffrey David Ball (HPAE Staff Representative, email@example.com)