Last night a dozen HPAE members and staff attended a public hearing on the affiliation of JFK Medical Center with Hackensack Meridian Health (HMH). If the merger goes through, HMH will own 15 hospitals in the state of New Jersey.
Cooper University Health announced Thursday it plans to acquire three Catholic hospitals in central and south Jersey, creating the fourth largest healthcare chain in a state in which mergers have become routine business.
JFK Health in Edison, one of the last few remaining independent hospitals in New Jersey, will merge with one of the largest health provider chains in the state, according to an announcement by top officials at both nonprofit entities on
The University of Pennsylvania Medicine is about to add its first New Jersey member – Princeton HealthCare System.
From Becker’s Hospital CFO Increased competition and lower state subsidies for charity care are putting pressure on nonprofit hospitals in New Jersey, according to a recent report from Moody’s Investors Service. Increased healthcare consolidation has impacted hospitals across the nation, and
The proposed health insurance mega-merger between Anthem and Cignaheads to court on Monday, as the companies face off against a Justice Department seeking to block their $48 billion deal.
A number of forces, not least Obamacare, are prompting hospitals to consolidate. But will some communities lose out in the new healthcare landscape?
A federal appeals court decision Tuesday pausing Penn State Hershey (Pa.) Medical Center's merger with PinnacleHealth System has placed the Federal Trade Commission's hospital antitrust review program back on stable ground after a couple concerning losses.
HPAE members testifed at two public hearings held yesterday to review the proposed merger of the Hackensack University Health Network and Meridian Health. While supporting the pending merger of Hackensack and Meridian, they urged the New Jersey Attorney General
On May 4, public hearings will be held in Hackensack, NJ and Neptune, NJ to review the Hackensack-Meridian merger. New Jersey’s Attorney General is required to schedule hearings where the public can testify about the merger. HPAE leaders from Jersey
With the merger of Meridian Health and Hackensack University Health Network drawing closer, leaders of the four HPAE locals who will be dealing with the new, mega health system met recently to discuss a united strategy for the merger
Palisades Medical Center and The Harborage are now officially part of the Hackensack Health System. Palisades Medical Center will be called HackensackUMC Palisades. HPAE has issued a press release on the merger, including the following comment from Local 5030 President Michele
From The Record HackensackUMC Palisades, as it will now be known, will become a fully owned part of the system that includes the flagship Hackensack University Medical Center, two jointly owned hospitals in Westwood and Montclair, and the affiliated Englewood
At a public hearing before the Office of the NJ Attorney General, held on December 3, Local 5030 VP Zahia Zhort spoke in support, with conditions, of the proposed affiliation agreement between Hackensack University Health Network (HUHN) and Palisades
Thats all, folks - no more news!
- Impact of Hospital Mergers
- Merger Laws and Regulations
- Merger Glossary
- New Jersey Open Records Act Request Form
- Cooper Health System And Trinity Health Hospitals Merger
- East Orange Hospital Bought by Prospect Medical Holdings
- Hackensack - Meridian Merger
- Hackensack-Palisades Merger
- Hackettstown Regional Medical Center Bought by Atlantic Health System, Inc.
- JFK Health System And Hackensack Meridian Health Merger
- Meadowlands Hospital Medical Center Bought By Real Estate Developer Yan Moshe
- Meridian - Raritan Bay Merger
- Prime Health Foundation's Purchase of Memorial Hospital of Salem County
- Robert Wood Johnson Health Care Corporation and Barnabas Health, Inc.
- RWJ Barnabas – Rutgers Proposed Partnership
- Saint Michael's Medical Center Bought by Prime Healthcare Services, Inc.
- Thomas Jefferson University-Kennedy Health System Merger
No upcoming events at this time.