- HPAE Campaigns & Political Action
- News & Blogs
- Member Resources
- Education & Training
- Join HPAE
Support Our Campaign to Keep Red Cross Blood Drives Safe
The 250 Registered Nurses and Donor Collection Assistants at the American Red Cross-Penn Jersey Region, who are represented by the Health Professionals and Allied Employees (HPAE) Local 5103, are preparing for contract Negotiations with Red Cross. The current contract is set to expire on May 31, 2014. Red Cross workers are on the front line of blood donation drives, ensuring the safety of donors and recipients. Taking care of our nation’s blood supply is HPAE members’ first priority.
HPAE will fight for a contract that includes provisions that assure:
• Safe staffing on all blood drives;
• Clean, safe, and well-equipped blood drive sites;
• Comprehensive staff training, orientation and mentoring;
• A work environment that supports staff recruitment and retention.
You can support our efforts to achieve these contract goals by signing a petition to Robert Kessler, CEO of the American Red Cross Blood Services, Penn-Jersey Region.
Sign the petition. Keep Red Cross blood drives safe.