Local 5094 reaches a tentative agreement with Rutgers!
After two more long days of negotiations, your HPAE Local 5094 bargaining team has reached a tentative agreement with Rutgers management for a new contract covering UMDNJ “Legacy” Professionals. This is our first contract since the merger with Rutgers. We protected the standards we’ve worked long to achieve and made a number of significant improvements
Some highlights of the agreement include:
- Four year contract – expires June 30,
- Wage increases upon ratification and then again July 1st of each Fiscal Year
- Greater increases for lower salaries – up to 9.5% – better than the pattern for many members
- Retroactive lump-sum payment upon ratification for all members
- Protection from wage freezes like the one at Rutgers in 2010
- Protections from legislative increases to the cost of health benefits
- Improved seniority provisions and layoff rights
- Additional days off
- Tuition remission for dependent children
There are many other improvements we look forward to sharing with you. A full summary will be posted next week
Over the next two weeks, we will schedule a series of information meetings on each of the main RBHS campuses to review the terms of the new contract and answer any questions you have before the ratification vote. We will also schedule a “tele-town hall” conference call for members who are unable to attend one of the meetings in person. Voting will be conducted online and by phone. More details are forthcoming.
These were long and difficult negotiations. I commend those members who showed their support for our union during this process through participation in meetings, rallies and actions. I congratulate our negotiating committee, who volunteered their time, for their commitment and hard work. We are proud of what we achieved together. We know we still have our work cut out for us. We must also continue to show solidarity with our sister unions still in negotiations at the University.