Join us on Saturday, April 23 from 10:00 am to 2:00 pm.
Newark Club, One Newark Center, 22nd Floor, Newark, NJ
Garage parking is at 42 Mulberry St. Validation will be provided.
This training is for all newly elected and appointed HPAE Public Sector Union Reps as well as returning Union Reps who want to continue to build their skills. HPAE’s Public Sector represents registered nurses and professionals working at Rutgers University, Rowan University, University Hospital and Cornerstone Behavioral Health Hospital.
Learn more about:
- The role of the Union Rep: work site leader and organizer
- Solving workplace problems through organizing and mobilizing
- The basics of grievance handling
- New developments in public employee labor law and the impact on our union
- The key elements of an effective membership engagement plan
First time participants will receive a copy of the “The Legal Rights of Union Stewards,” fifth edition and an HPAE “Union Rep” lapel pin. Lunch will be provided. Union reps are not eligible for paid release time. You must use a benefit day or come on your day off.