I am pleased to announce that your HPAE Local 5089 bargaining team has reached a tentative agreement with University Hospital management for a new contract for registered nurses. This is our first contract since the hospital became a standalone facility due to the reorganization.
Some highlights of the agreement include:
- Three year contract – expires September 30th, 2017
- Wage increases with retroactive pay
- Step movement for Case Managers
- A new improved scale for CRNAs
- An increase to the per diem Staff Nurse rate
- Improvement to Critical Care staffing, and staffing enforcement
- A volunteer process and training for Extended Treatment Area
- .9 Staff Nurses credited with full-time experience
- A $700 increase in tuition reimbursement
There are many other improvements we look forward to sharing with you. A detailed summary and the complete Memorandum of Agreement (MOA) will be posted on our website next week.
Update: The Ratification vote is being rescheduled due to lack of available meeting space at the Hospital.
Ratification votes will be held at the Hospital on Thursday, October 20th. Stay tuned for more details.
These were long and difficult negotiations. I commend those members who showed their support for our union during this process by participating at membership meetings, attending negotiations and hospital board meetings, wearing stickers and taking other actions. I congratulate our negotiating committee, who volunteered their time, for their commitment and hard work.
We are proud of what we achieved together.
On behalf of your negotiating committee,