On Tuesday, May 15th, the HPAE Local 5112 Negotiating Committee met with management for another bargaining session. We have been able to reach tentative agreements for the following:
* Increase preceptor pay to $2.50/hour
* Increase charge nurse differential to $25/shift
* Increase clothing allowance to $500 full-time and $400 part time
* Education differential to increase $.10/year for life of Agreement
* Strengthened language related to health and safety protections
* Strengthened language that protects our bargaining unit rights
Despite the progress we’ve been able to make so far, management
continues to seek concessions related to staffing, such as:
* Limiting the number of bargaining unit members that can take vacation
during the period of December 15th-January 6th.
* Shifting the responsibility of finding coverage in the event of call outs
to the charge nurse in the absence of a supervisor on duty.
* Increasing likelihood that members would be forced to do non-bargaining unit work (ie housekeeping) if the departments are unavailable. * Change the way vacancies are handled for status changes and transfers for members. Lastly, management presented the Union with a health care benefits package which HPAE is in the process of reviewing to make sure that no substantive changes will be made. Most important, we want to protect our members from unexpected premium increases for the life of the Agreement. We have not scheduled a new date for negotiations as yet however we will provide updates as details develop. If you would like more information please feel free to contact either Priscilla Surles, Elaine Blake, or Cindy Sacchi.