MEMBERS SPEAK: STAFFING
MANAGEMENT UNMOVED, PROPOSES GUTTING OUR CONTRACT
HPAE Local 5030 – June 1, 2018
Nearly 100 HPAE Local 5030 members attend bargaining, speak on hazards of short staffing
Members from departments across the hospital from every shift came to negotiations to support our committee and speak directly to administration about the staffing shortage in our hospital.
Button Day: “Patients’ Health Over Corporate Wealth”
HPAE members across the state wore buttons at HMH facilities, showing management our unity and strength. We’re all in this together!
Management proposed gutting virtually all of our hard-won contractual protections:
- Health Insurance – Waive our right to bargain over changes
- Schedule – Change our schedules without consent
- Benefit Time – Eliminate vacation, sick and holiday days, replace with “PTO” & Eliminate holiday 1.5x pay, so holidays are paid at straight time
- Floating – Eliminate floating districts
- Outsourcing Your Job – Hire temps and agency staff outside the union contract
- Uniforms – Only replace damaged goods, eliminate 2 new uniforms each year
DO YOUR PART: WEAR YOUR BUTTON & SIGN THE PETITION!