Local 5030 negotiations update, June 8
Once Again, Management Comes to the Table Unprepared to Discuss Staffing
Our HPAE Local 5030 Negotiating Committee met with management on Friday. We continue to hold our position that we will not accept any proposed negative changes to benefits (PTO, Retirement, Raises, etc.) We also demand that management come prepared to discuss the staff shortage at Palisades Medical Center.
- Our Union proposed additional positions for Dietary, Housekeeping, PCTs, and Phlebotomists.
- Our Union presented to management with a summary of our unsafe staffing forms which show nearly 200 complaints for 2017-2018. Staff shortages are grossly underreported which highlights the staffing crises at Hackensack Meridian.
- Management claimed they were unable to get their key management to negotiations but agreed to having their relevant personnel available for the June 21st negotiations session.
- The Union was able to extend non-discrimination protections for all Local 5030 members.
Come to Negotiations on June 21st to tell your staffing story.
- Embassy Suites: 455 Plaza Dr, Secaucus, NJ 07094
If you’re interested in helping plan for the Rally on June 27th, please call John at (856) 237-4418