HPAE met with members of the Union County and Cornerstone Behavioral Health Hospital administration on Thursday, October 18th for another bargaining session. The session was very productive as we were able to reach tentative agreements as follows:
- HPAE will be given 30 minutes during each new member’s orientation.
- New language was added that strengthens HPAE’s rights to information as well as access to our members.
- Language that limits the types of documentation that can be placed in one’s file without their consent.
- Healthcare premiums will be frozen for the life of the contract
- New language that clarifies existing practice for payroll
There are still a few issues that remain outstanding related to the staffing concerns that we have expressed over time. We also have concerns related to the new tracking system for time and attendance.
In addition, HPAE remains focused on the many security issues that have resulted in an increase of Workplace Violence incidents at Cornerstone. On Monday, October 15th, Cornerstone was notified by the Department of Health of their intent to cite them for several violations of the Workplace Violence Prevention Act and that they will be given sixty (60) days to comply with the regulations. While this is a small win for our members, we still have a long way to go towards ensuring that every member has a safe working environment while providing care to their patients
The next session is scheduled for Thursday, November 15th. If you would like more information, please feel free to contact your local union rep.
Local 5112 President