As our current contract gets set to expire and we prepare to begin negotiations with Inspira, our negotiations team has met and formulated many proposals to present to management. Below is a bulleted summary of the priorities for our upcoming negotiations. These priorities were derived from our members’ survey responses and conversations had by our Union Reps and leaders with our membership:
- Stronger staffing language that provides the needed staff in order to provide optimal patient care.
- Fair across the board increases in each year of the contract and increases in on-call pay.
- Language that keeps us working in our designated units and campuses.
- Improvements to how we schedule PTO, so we are able to access our accrued time.
- A focus on professional development, including increased tuition reimbursement for our members to further their education.
- Clear contract language that protects our jobs and patient care across South Jersey as Inspira continues to grow.
Our first day of bargaining is March 25th at the Marriott Courtyard at Rowan University: 325 Rowan Blvd, Glassboro. Please make every effort to attend and show management you support these proposals! We are asking members to arrive by 9:30 am.
We can only achieve our goals if every member gets involved. Please consider signing up to be a Unit Captain and work on the Contract Action Team.
Local 5131 Negotiating Committee