- We made some progress but the next month will be critical to reaching a fair agreement and winning a good contract.
- Management presented their counter-proposal on FMLA which would allow an additional 4-week extension but removes the ability to utilize donated sick time beyond the 12 weeks. This is a step in the right direction, but still an enormous take-back from the year we have now and disproportionately impacts members who suffer a catastrophic illness and need additional donated time/protection.
- They refused to discuss wage increases unless we agreed to remove language on job security including bumping rights and seniority and merger protections. This is asking members to choose between a raise or protecting their jobs. We insisted on a serious counter-proposal both to job security and on wages at our next session on March 25th.
- To show Rutgers that they need to take our demands seriously ahead of the next session, we are beginning regular picketing starting on Thursday, March 21.
- We know that Rutgers has the money. We know that action by the members gets things done. We know that whenever we’ve put up a fight, we’ve won. The time to take action is now!
Our next sessions are Monday March 25th (ASB II, 57 US 1 South, New Brunswick), April 11th (Newark) and April 25th (ASB II, 57 US 1 South, New Brunswick). All members are encouraged to stop by. E-mail email@example.com to RSVP.
HPAE 5094 Negotiations Committee
Tom Murphy, Mendes Toussaint, Mary Doran, Justin O’Hea, Phil Wilson, Alicia Rivera, Ryan Novosielski, Claude Monken, Antoinette Johnson, Ana Delgado, Lisa Adams, Annette Werts & Beverly Fraietta