The bargaining committee met in New Brunswick expecting counter-proposals on wages and job security. Despite promising to respond to both at the previous session, Rutgers had no proposals ready. We told them to review our package proposal today and that we would wait. We waited two hours before they told us they still had nothing for us and management’s committee wouldn’t even meet with us.
Rutgers’ failure to negotiate has completely stagnated this process. HPAE members have already taken action. Seventy Newark members picketed despite the rain, wind and cold this past Friday and we need to turn up the pressure even more.
- The next Newark picket will be Thursday April 4th, 12th Ave and Bergen at 12pm-2pm.
- There will be a union coalition picket at the Rutgers Board of Governors meeting at the Paul Robeson Campus Center, 350 Martin Luther King Jr. Blvd, Newark, 12-2pm.
- The April 11th HPAE 5094 bargaining session will be in Newark, all available members should pack the room.
- UBHC 671 Hoes Lane W, Piscataway will be picketing Friday April 5th 12-2pm.
- UBHC 151 Centennial Ave, Piscataway will be picketing Monday April 8th 12-2pm.
New Brunswick picket dates TBA.
Our next sessions are April 11th (Newark) and April 25th (ASB II, 57 US 1 South, New Brunswick). All members are encouraged stop by. E-mail email@example.com to RSVP.
HPAE 5094 Negotiations Committee
Tom Murphy, Mendes Toussaint, Mary Doran, Justin O’Hea, Phil Wilson, Alicia Rivera, Ryan Novosielski, Claude Monken, Antoinette Johnson, Ana Delgado, Lisa Adams, Annette Werts & Beverly Fraietta