Local 5131 Negotiations Update, April 18
We had our third day of bargaining with the hospital yesterday. Inspira gave us responses to many of our nursing proposals we put forward the first day of negotiations.
- They want us to float to all Inspira campuses (Vineland, Elmer, Bridgeton, Woodbury, Mullica Hill).
- They want to increase our per diem requirements.
- They rejected our staffing proposal that calls for nurse to patient ratios for optimal patient care.
- They want the ability to cancel us after the start of our shift.
- They rejected an increase to our on-call pay.
- They rejected our proposal to give us the ability to schedule holidays working with our unit based councils.
Now is the time to support our negotiating committee. The next session will be held at the Marriott Courtyard in Glassboro on April 24th. Members are encouraged to attend. Please arrive by 9:30 am if you plan to be there.
Local 5131 Bargaining Team
Dana Barrett, Vineland NICU
Caroline Sands, Elmer ICU
Kelly Fordyce, ED
Karen Bailey, Vineland SICU
Tracy Sheppard, Cath Lab