Join Us: Wednesday, October 23rd – or – Saturday, October 26th
10:00 am to 3:00 pm
HPAE New Brunswick Office
57 Paterson Street
New Brunswick, NJ 08901
(parking deck at 95 Paterson St.)
This training is for all HPAE Public Sector Union Reps: those that have had no training before, as well as those that have had the basic training but want to learn additional skills and refine current ones. HPAE’s Public Sector represents registered nurses and professionals working at Rutgers University, Rowan University, University Hospital and Cornerstone Behavioral Health Hospital.
Learn more about:
- The role of the Union Rep: worksite leader and organizer
- Solving workplace problems through organizing and mobilizing
- The basics of grievance handling (investigating & writing them up) and disciplinary meetings
- New developments in public employee labor law and the impact on our union
- The key elements of an effective membership engagement plan
All participants will receive a copy of the “The Legal Rights of Union Stewards,” fifth edition. First time participants will also receive an HPAE “Union Rep” lapel pin. Lunch will be provided. Union reps are not eligible for paid release time. You must use a benefit day or come on your day off.