WAHOO!! Today we reached a Tentative Agreement for a new contract with the hospital. The membership meetings to VOTE on our new contract is June 3 at 8:30, 1:00, 5:30 and 8pm. LOCATION: Hilton Gardens Inn in Camden. It’s important to come out to one of the meetings – no contract details will be given prior to the meetings.
Thanks for your patience and support.
Bargaining Session Updates:
- Click here for Bargaining Session Updates for May 25
- Click here for Bargaining Session Updates for May 20
- Click here for Bargaining Session Updates from May 18
- Click here for Bargaining Session Updates for May 6
- Click here for Bargaining Session Updates for April 2, 8 and 29
- Click here for Bargaining Session Updates for April 2nd & April 8th
OUTCOME OF MAY 11 MEMBERSHIP AUTHORIZATION VOTE
On May 11 we held membership meetings to take a VOTE by the nurses giving our negotiating committee the authorization to send the hospital a 10 day strike notice, if needed. This DOES NOT MEAN there is going to be a strike. It means if negotiations go side ways, the negotiating committee has the authorization to give Cooper the notice that some type of action may happen.
The nurses voted overwhelming to authorize our negotiating committee to give such notice, if needed.
We have confirmed dates for negotiations on May 18, 20, 25 & 27.
Our 2021 contract negotiations will be like no other we have been through since organizing the union in 2000. Working through COVID-19 effects negotiations, our membership is different, and the Hospital Administration is different.
Our negotiating committee has committed to take time away from their families, work their 36 hours a week and work as many additional hours as it takes to win the best contract possible for all of us. We have 1,500 plus union members in our local. Without our support, involvement and show of solidarity we will not accomplish what we deserve and want in a new contract.
Sessions begin at 10:00. Due to the NJ COVID-19 restrictions, we do NOT know how we will be negotiating our new contract. It may be done virtually instead of in person. We will update you as we get closer to our first bargaining session.
- April 2,
- April 8
- April 22
- April 29
- May 6
- May 18
- May 20
- May 25
- May 26
- May 27
- May 28
- May 31
Other Dates to Remember
- March 18, 2021 Membership ZOOM CALL. Review proposals
- April 24, 2021 Membership ZOOM CALL. Negotiation’s UPDATE
- May 11, 2021 Membership ZOOM CALL. “VOTE” – Authorization to Negotiating Committee
- May/June TBD Membership meetings VOTE to ratify new contract or to strike
- May 31, 2021 Midnight our Union Contract Expires
The Negotiating Committee will be asking us to show our support during negotiations by…
- Wearing a Union button and/or sticker on specific days
- Sign a Negotiating Committee Support Petition which will be presented by nurses to the hospital at a bargaining session
- Show solidarity by participating in Local bargaining activities!