We are bargaining over the effects of the COVID-19 Mandatory Vaccination issued by Hackensack Meridian Health. We support voluntary vaccination and regular testing of all members and patients.
OUR MEMBERS ARE GETTING VACCINATED:
- Harborage: 73%
- Jersey Shore University Medical Center 73%
- Palisades Medical Center 68%
- Southern Ocean Medical Center 75%
Requesting an Exemption
All requests for an exemption MUST be submitted by AUGUST 16, 2021. You must complete an Exemption form for a medical, religious or strongly held belief that would prevent you from being vaccinated. Request for exemptions will be evaluated individually.
- A medical exemption needs to be supported by a physician with the proper documentation.
- A strongly held belief can be based on your faith or your deeply held beliefs about this vaccine. As an example, opposition to taking the vaccine while pregnant, breastfeeding or experiencing fertility issues, is a strongly held belief. Please be thorough in your explanation of why you hold your beliefs when filling out the form. A committee is reviewing every strongly held belief exemption form.
A member requesting a medical, religious, or strongly held belief exemption will be notified of a decision within thirty (30) days of receiving all required documentation. All requests for an exemption MUST be submitted by AUGUST 16, 2021.
Appealing a Denial
If your exemption is denied you will have seven (7) days from the date of notification to submit a written request for an appeal via the COVID-19 Vaccination Exemption Appeal email address: firstname.lastname@example.org. We also ask that you inform your local union leadership of the denial. You have a right to file a grievance if you are denied in the appeal process.
Side effects from vaccines are covered under worker’s compensation laws and the collective bargaining agreements. Please treat side effects e vaccine as you would any other workplace illness or injury and report it to your manager.
If you have any questions, please reach out to your local union leaders and we will keep you posted throughout this process.