CURRENT TRENDS IN NURSING
Nursing today is about:
- rushing to learn new technologies and medications
- inability to provide safe patient care
- inability to have a quality conversation with patients/families
- lack of staffing
- a revolving door of recruitment and retention
- an abundance of agency nurses working & the ramifications
- accommodate, accommodate, accommodate
The 2021 NSI National Health Care Retention & RN Staffing Report outlines the aforementioned as reasons why nurses leave their institutions. In fact, 24.1% of nurses leave with just 1 year of tenure. Let’s compare EHMC to state levels.
- vacancy rate – EHMC currently 17%; State 12%
- turnover rate on medical-surgical units – State is 17.1%. EHMC units:
- 3 Cohen – 25%
- 4 Dean – 23%
- 6 Dean – 33.3%
- 7 Dean – 75.9%
- 8 Dean – 50%
AS A UNION CAN WE EFFECT CHANGE?
MORE TO COME – WATCH FOR IT!