We want to thank everyone that signed the petition and postcards during our campaign for raises for all and pushing back on the takeaways. When we all come together, we can achieve things. As you are aware we are working to recruit union reps for all units. It is imperative that we have reps on each of the units to help get messages out and to help during the upcoming contract negotiations in 2024.
We will provide training to all new reps and give you the material you need to serve in that capacity. The training consists of 3 parts to help you in your role as a union rep:
Part 1: The Roles of Union Reps
Part 2: Legal Rights of Union Members and Reps
- Legal Rights of Union Members
- Legal Rights of Union Reps
- Duty of Fair Representation
- Weingarten Rights
Part 3: Enforcing the Contract and Solving Problems
- Role of the Union Rep as Problem Solver & Contract Enforcer
- Is This Problem a Grievance?
- The Grievance Procedure
- Investigating a Grievance
- Discipline Grievances and the Elements of Just Cause
Please send us an email at Local50302@hpae.org and let us know you are interested and get involved in your union.
Local 5030 Executive Board