We held membership meetings yesterday and nurses voted overwhelmingly to ratify our new contract. This contract reflects the dedication and hard work of our nursing staff. We are proud of what we were able to accomplish together, and this is a testament to the work you do every day. Below is a summary of the agreement.
- 6% across the board on 6/1/22 with the additional 3% we negotiated in November 2021 maintained.
- All RNs move one step in June instead of December. This equates to approximately 0.5% this year.
- Preceptor pay increased from $1.50 to $2.00/hr.
- Reassignment differential increased from $2.00 to $3.00/hr.
- Campus reassignment differential of $6.00/hr. ED staff will get this if they are reassigned between Mullica and Woodbury after the start of their shift.
- On-call increased from $4 to $4.50/hr.
- Clinical Ladder- everyone getting same payment for participating (FT, PT, PD with 1,000 hours). Need to rsvp to meetings for it to count if they are cancelled.
- 2.25% across the board on 6/1/23 + step increase.
- 2% across the board on 6/1/24 + step increase.
- Ability for nurses to do mandatory education at home. Only have to get approval if it will put you into overtime.
- Extended BSN requirement, gives new hires 3 years to finish instead of 2, maintained grandfathering for others. Current contract language for tuition reimbursement.
- Cancellation order changed. FT/PT employees working an extra that won’t lead to overtime in a week get cancelled after per diems.
- Can put in extended PTO requests for March 15 of the current year to March 14 of the next year.
- Weekend callouts have to be made up within a mutually agreed time within 3 months, unless you have a documented reason that falls under FMLA. This can be waived by your manager.
- MCH now cancels employees the same way as all other units.
- Units can propose alternate holiday schedules instead of working every other holiday. Improved health and safety language that includes adhering to CDC and NJ Department
Your Negotiations Committee,
April Ferrara, ICU
Tracy Cefaratti, Procedures
Julia Carentenuto-Sutton, Cath Lab
Michele Carey, Observation
Colleen Kupsey, Maternal Child Health
Art Matthews, Mental Health