The Union also has Successor language as lined out in Article 33 of your contract. “In the event, the Harborage shall, by merger, consolidation, sale of assets, lease, franchise, affiliation, or any other means, enter into an agreement with another company, health care provider organization, hospital, corporation, or individual which, in whole or in part, affects the existing appropriate collective bargaining unit, then the Harborage shall make as a condition of such sale or action, that the successor body shall adopt this Agreement and be bound by each and every provision of this Agreement.”
Your Union is here to stay, and rest assured we are going to protect your rights and benefits. The following was also agreed to:
1. Within thirty (30) days of completion of sale all accrued PTO will be paid to employees, by separate check. A complete list of employees receiving the payout will be provided to the Union and if there is any dispute HMH agrees to resolve such disputes by December 31, 2022.
2. Within thirty (30) days of completion of sale all accrued Holiday time for New Year’s Day, Memorial Day and 4th of July will be paid to all employees, by separate check, who have not used above mentioned holiday as of completion of sale to Complete Care Management. A complete list of those employees receiving the payout will be provided to the Union and if there is any dispute HMH agrees to resolve such disputes by December 31, 2022.
3. Any employee currently enrolled in the Tuition Reimbursement Program as outlined in the current CBA, will have 100% of all expenses covered until December 31, 2022.
4. Any current employee in the bargaining unit will have one-hundred and twenty days (120) after the completion of sale to transfer to a similar open position at Hackensack/Palisades Medical Center and maintain seniority at 100%. Salary and benefits shall be consistent with Palisades applicable CBA. There will also be a ten (10) week transition period for said transfers.
5. All current bargaining unit employees will receive an additional 1% ACB raise effective first full pay period in July of 2022, with retro pay back to May 29, 2022.