We started bargaining last Friday over our request submitted in June for a labor market rate adjustment for all. HMH made a proposal that dealt with a new wage scale for RNs only. We are reviewing that proposal. Today we presented our counter which included all 3 bargaining units. We proposed that all members be placed on the proper wage scale based on their experience in their specific field along with a 20% across the board raise. We also proposed that HMH review all classifications to make sure they are at the current labor market rate. We also proposed an increase to the merit program for July 1, 2023.
To adequately place all our non-RNs in the proper wage scale based on their experience. The employer has finally agreed to collect that information which we have repeatedly proposed in past negotiations and which HMH had previously rejected.
Starting immediately, a form will be provided to each bargaining unit member along with the resources needed to help with that process. There will be a form for each specific bargaining unit (both Spanish and English) that ask for your:
- Current job title and start date with PMC
- How many years and months you have worked in a similar role in the USA
- List previous positions, employers, and dates of employment where you worked in a similar role.
- The experience you submit will be based mostly on an honor system with spot checks, but it is understood that any information provided on this form that is knowingly false or misleading could lead to discipline up to and including termination.
Experience forms must be returned to your supervisor or rep no later than at end of your shift on Friday, December 2nd. It is imperative that you submit this form so your years of experience can be considered.
We have another bargaining session scheduled for this Friday and will keep you abreast of our progress. If needed we will add more dates.
This is how we build our union power by getting involved and speaking up for fair wages for all and to protect our health and safety.
- EDUCATE YOURSELF AND YOUR CO-WORKERS – attend a meeting, share this flyer.
- Please send us email at Local50302@hpae.org for all questions and issues you may have.
TELL HACKENSACK TO RESPECT US, PROTECT US AND SUPPORT US
Local 5030 Bargaining Team
Ruth Agosto, President
Jose Falconi, Co Vice-President
Azza Elsaid, Secretary
Tony Ellis, Treasurer
Sergio Fuentes, LPN/TECH & S/M Co-Grievance Chair