We want to give an update to the meeting today with HMH pertaining to the transition to our new employer effective January 1, 2023. The HPAE Local 5097 contract that is in place now remains with the new employer. NOTHING CHANGES! We are also scheduled to meet with Complete Care the first of next week and we will update you again after that meeting.
Meeting with HMH
- All accrued PTO and PTO excess will be paid to employees on January 27, 2023. If you are in the negative with your PTO, we were able to negotiate today that it will be disregarded. You will owe HMH nothing.
- All accrued Holiday time will be paid to all employees who have not used the holidays on January 27, 2023.
- Any current employee in the bargaining unit will have one-hundred and twenty days (120) as of April 1, 2023, to transfer to a similar open position at Palisades Medical Center and maintain seniority at 100%. Salary and benefits shall be consistent with Palisades applicable contract.
- For the week worked December 25 – 31, 2022, you will receive that paycheck on January 13, 2023, and at are upcoming meeting with Complete Care we will be addressing the issue of your first paycheck.
- Any employee on active roll as of December 31, 2022, will receive a $500 bonus on January 27, 2023.
- As of January 1, 2023, your HMH health benefits will end, and your Complete Care health benefits will kick-in without no lapse in coverage.
- Your base rate of pay, shift differentials, and pay components remain as is January 1, 2023, per your contract and the base rate of pay will be reflected in your offer letter.
- The 401K match remains as is per your contract.
- The 8850 form you were given to fill out is for Complete Care to try and see if there is any funding available through the federal government. (It has no bearing on your employment but must be filled out.)
- Please make sure to reserve your time with the on boarding team from Complete Care to finish your paperwork and to have any questions answered regarding your benefits.
We will continue to send updates via text, email, and newsletter. Please stay alert for upcoming messages. We need everyone’s support. Get involved by attending meetings and sharing updates with your co-workers. If you have any questions, concerns or issues throughout this process, please contact us and we will address them.
Local 5097 Executive Board