Agreement reached on New Wage Scales for Pro, LPN/TECH & S/M
We met again today, January 20th, with HMH for further bargaining on the new wage scales for members in the LPN/TECH, PRO & S/M units. We have reached an agreement on the new wage scales for all members. We were also provided the information from HMH showing the new rate and % for each member based on the relevant years of experience you submitted on the attestation form. We reviewed that information to ensure each member is on their appropriate wage step. We were able to secure that experience is based on year for year and not the current language of two-to-one for outside experience or three-to-one for unrelated experience. All members got year for year credit for their experience which was a big win!
The following has been agreed to:
- Any member who turned in their attestation form will be placed on the proper step based on the relevant years of experience you submitted. Employees will be notified of their new hourly pay rate effective February 5th.
- You will be placed on the new wage scale based on your years of experience or a 2% raise, whichever is greater.
- Any discrepancies in the years of experience will be handled in accordance with an appeal process. You will have till March 1 to file an appeal with HR if you believe your years of experience are incorrect. Those completing the attestation form after January 31 will have 7 days after the effective date of their new pay rate to file an appeal.
- Per diem employees will also be placed on the new wage scales based on years of experience
- You will also be entitled to your merit increase on July 1 of this year up to an additional 2%
- Since 2021 we have been able to negotiate a 2% that year, 3% in August of 2022, plus the incentive bonus in 2022 and waiting for information on the incentive bonus for 2023.
- We were able to protect the language that has long as you meet or exceed the merit expectation of a valued performer, you will not have a base rate that is lower than their applicable new hire wage scale, for your position and for your years of experience.
WE WILL BE HOLDING A INFORMATIONAL MEETING IN THE AUDITORIUM ON THURSDAY JANUARY 26th FROM 9AM TILL 4PM TO PROVIDE YOU WITH YOUR NEW RATE.
- EDUCATE YOURSELF AND YOUR CO-WORKERS – attend a meeting, share this flyer.
- Email the local at Local50302@HPAE.ORG for all questions and issues you may have.
Local 5138 Bargaining Team
Ruth Agosto, President
Jose Falconi, Co Vice-President
Azza Elsaid, Secretary
Tony Ellis, Treasurer
Sergio Fuentes, LPN/TECH & S/M Co-Grievance Chair