We met again yesterday, January 17, with HMH for further bargaining on the new wage scales for members in the PRO, LPN/TECH & S/M units. Discussion and evaluation of the analyses and wage scale appeal process was held also. We are reviewing those new wage scales and will share once we reach an agreement with HMH. We are also waiting on the information from HMH to show what step each member will be placed on along with the percentage each will receive. We will review that information to ensure each member is on their appropriate wage step.
During negotiations today the following was agreed to:
- Any member who turned in their attestation form will be placed on the proper step based on the years of experience you submitted.
- Any discrepancies in the years of experience will be handled in accordance with an appeal process.
- All new wage scales will reflect up to 30 years’ experience.
- Per diem employees will also be placed on the new wage scales based on years of experience
- Any member above the new wage scale will receive a 2% raise.
- You will also be entitled to your merit increase on July 1 of this year up to an additional 2%.
This is how we build our union power by getting involved and speaking up for fair wages for all and to protect our health and safety.
- EDUCATE YOURSELF AND YOUR CO-WORKERS – attend a meeting, share this flyer.
- Email the local at Local50302@HPAE.ORG for all questions and issues you may have.
TELL HACKENSACK TO RESPECT US, PROTECT US AND SUPPORT US.
Local 5138 Bargaining Team
Ruth Agosto, President
Jose Falconi, Co Vice-President
Azza Elsaid, Secretary
Tony Ellis, Treasurer
Sergio Fuentes, LPN/TECH & S/M Co-Grievance Chair