HPAE LOCAL 5138 MEMBER UPDATE
- HPAE met with HMH on May 30, 31, and June 1, 2023 in Long Branch, NJ to continue negotiations. Many of the discussions these past 3 days were focused around staffing and wages since we have reached tentative agreements on various other proposals.
- We have reached a tentative agreement on staffing with new language. The discussion on wages continues as we have a disconnect on what our negotiation team knows our nurses deserve to be paid vs. what HMH is offering.
- Late last night HMH gave what they referred to as their last, best and final offer, which included shortening the duration of the contract to April 2025.
- We have asked HMH for additional dates to negotiate as we have not been able to come to an agreement on a successor contract at this point.
- We have contacted a federal mediator to be at these next meetings in order to get a contract that will be fair for all our members.
- The contract expired Friday, June 2, 2023 at 7 AM. We will be working without a contract. This means the protections of our contract remain in full force, which includes our union representation. See the Working Without A Contract flyer.
We will have Special
Membership Meetings on:
Monday, June 5th at 8am and 4 pm, and
Tuesday, June 6th at 8 pm.
Address: Wright Memorial Presbyterian
Church, 332 S. Main St., Barnegat, NJ 08005.
It is extremely important that you attend one of these meeting times.
RSVP to firstname.lastname@example.org or 609-661-3989 or to the reminder
texts that will be sent out.
Let Hackensack Meridian Health Know
RESPECT US, PROTECT US & SUPPORT US
Local 5138 Baragining Team
Anna Pona, President
Corey Martinez-Tortorello, Vice-President
Alice Howarth, Secretary-Treasurer