The Nominations/Election Committee announces that they are currently accepting nominations for open positions to serve on the Negotiations team. In addition to the five (5) officers there will be four (4) elected seats plus two (2) alternates for a total of nine (9) Negotiating Committee Members, plus two (2) alternates.
POSITIONS: Negotiation Team and Alternate Positions.
Job Description for Negotiating Committee Members
- Attend training session on contract negotiations to review the legal framework, procedures, and goals of contract negotiations
- With other committee members, review contract surveys from members and identify key issues
- With other committee members, develop Union contract proposals
- Attend all negotiation sessions with management
- When appropriate, present Union proposals to management
- With other committee members, make revisions/modifications to Union proposals in response to management’s proposals
- Communicate with the membership about the negotiations – Keep the members informed and involved in the process
- Present and explain the tentative agreement to the membership
NOMINATIONS PROCEDURE: Attached you will find a copy of the Nomination Form. Return completed nomination form by mail to Local 5103 Nominations/Elections, 208 White Horse Pike, Haddon Heights, NJ 08035
Union office phone number (856) 663-0300, ext. 316; or e-mail to email@example.com. They can also be handed to a member of the LEB: Renee Conyers, Judy Merkowsky, Lisa Scaramuzzo, Dawm Jordan or LeCora Shorter.
NOMINATIONS DEADLINE: Must be RECEIVED by July 18th
ELECTION DATE: Ballots will be mailed in July.
ELIGIBILITY: All bargaining unit members.
NOMINATIONS/ELECTIONS COMMITTEE: Local 5103 LEB