HPAE Rowan Local 5094 Bargaining Update
Our HPAE Local 5094 Negotiating Committee began bargaining our successor agreement with Rowan University today.
Below are the updates from the session:
- We finalized our June 30, 2018-June 30, 2019 contract and will have copies to the membership in the near future.
- We had open discussions with management regarding the ground rules for the table and plans to negotiate a successor agreement.
- We discussed the recently negotiated CWA PPO for health insurance and our intention to propose changes to health insurance.
- We passed an initial set of contract proposals to Rowan but did not receive responses as of yet. Rowan did not provide an initial set of proposals at this session but we are looking forward to them at our next session.
- We continued to go back and forth regarding protections in the contract in the wake of the Janus v AFSCME Supreme Court decision and supporting WDEA legislation. We are fighting hard to make sure your rights are protected under our contract language.
We thank everyone who attended the contract kickoff event and we look forward to working with the membership to secure a strong contract in the upcoming negotiations. We want to remind everyone that it takes our whole local to negotiate a contract.
Be sure to save the date for the next membership meeting scheduled for August 1st and attend all upcoming membership meetings for updates to bargaining.
If you have not yet completed your membership survey, we are extending the due date to July 5th. Please see you union representative, a negotiations team member, or email Christine Munck at email@example.com for a copy of the survey.
We will continue to negotiate diligently with Rowan until we have reached a successor agreement.
Local 5094 Negotiations Committee
Deborah Cruz, Sheila Lewis, Dana Weiss, Mary Kosciuk, Kristen Hicks, and Michelle Matos
Next Negotiation Date: July 15th on the Stratford Campus