On Friday, December 2, 2016 the bidding process for a new operator of BRMC officially closed. Bergen County has released the names of the applicants who have put forward their proposals on how they would operate our Medical Center. Below is the list of applicants:
- Care Plus NJ joined with Rutgers Medical School to manage acute care and with Integrity House to manage substance abuse;
- Holy Name Medical Center, Hackensack University Medical Center, Englewood Hospital Medical Center, Valley Health System, and Christian Health System formed a coalition and would hire Carrier Clinic to manage day-to-day operations;
- Bergen Community Medical Center is made up of current operators David Sebbag, Ari Krausz;
- Former partner Robert Salazar (with most of the current senior managers) bid as Progressive Health Management;
- Two other bidders are Bergen Safety Net (Led by Dr. Mahmud Bangesh) and Eden Healthcare Services (Eden helped establish the Korean wing); and
- Two private equity/management companies Managed Care Associates and Alvarez & Marsal also applied.
After the detailed applications are made public, we will keep you informed with an analysis as to how these entities plan to address worker and patient safety, and maintains healthcare services for our patients and our community.
Local 5091 Executive Board