We met with Quest Diagnostics for 3 days this week.
- Quest put proposals on the table to take away staffing committee, labor management quarterly meetings and we were able to push back and maintain current contract.
- Layoff we were able to get 30 days to be trained and Quest only wanted 1 week.
- The absenteeism and lateness policy cannot be changed during the life of this agreement.
- We were able to strengthen our grievance and arbitration article by anyone be terminated will go directly to 3rd step to cut down on the time frame.
- PTO and PTO health union proposal remains open and on the table.
- Today we presented our wage proposal with new wage scales for each classification and 8% across the board each year of the agreement.
- We were able to maintain those with 25+ years of seniority will not be required to work the weekends and Quest wanted to reduce the payment from $3.50 to $2.00 but we were able to maintain current contract.
Local 5030 Executive Board