MEMBER UPDATE # 2– May 16, 2018
Contract extended, HPAE Presents Initial Proposals
Negotiations continued on Tuesday with contract extended through June 29. Our HPAE Local 5030 Bargaining Committee continued presenting solutions to the issues we face at work every day:
- Permanent assignments for housekeepers based on seniority
- Filling vacant positions within 30 days
Management rejected our common-sense proposals and presented their initial proposals, including:
- Staffing: Eliminate side letters creating/protecting positions we fought for and won
- Staffing: Allow managers to carry out our jobs instead of hiring more qualified staff
- Removing seniority as a factor in filling open positions
- Eliminating flexible shifts
- Limiting the authority of our Labor-Management committees
- Eliminating differentials and holiday pay for probationary employees
Upcoming Bargaining Dates:
- Tues. May 22, Thurs. May 24
- Fri. June 1 & Wed. June 21
Teaneck Marriott at Glenpointe
100 Frank W. Burr Blvd., Teaneck
JOIN THE FIGHT FOR STAFFING!
Come to negotiations on Friday, June 1 to protect our patients with safe staffing!
All departments and all job titles, wear your red HPAE t-shirts.