HPAE Local 5112 Contract Unanimously Ratified!
On Wednesday, October 21st, the members of Local 5112 voted unanimously to accept a new contract with the County of Union. With no givebacks, three years of wage increases and improvements to the tuition refund and professional practice reimbursements, this contract represents a solid victory for our membership there.
Over the past couple of years our members sustained a fight against privatization at Runnells. We fought hard and, while we were not able to get Union County to keep the entire facility intact, we did maintain the psychiatric services so desperately needed by our community – now known as Cornerstone Behavioral Health Hospital.
Congratulations to all the nurses of 5112 who never gave up!
Ratification Vote for New Contract with Union County Scheduled
Wednesday, October 21st, 2015
Cornerstone East – Group Room
7:00am – 8:00am
2:00 pm – 4:00 pm
You will be able to review and vote on a successor agreement with Union County at both meetings.
Tentative Agreement Reached and Signed!!
We have finally reached a tentative agreement with Union County for a successor contract! This agreement will be voted on by the Freeholders at their next meeting (10/1/15) and we will have a date for a ratification vote shortly. Full details are forthcoming, but some of the highlights include:
- Wage increases each year (1.6%, 2%, 2%) including retroactive increases back to 1/1/15
- An increase to our tuition reimbursement of $1000
- An increase in professional practice monies used for CE’s (now $500 for FT, $250 for PT)
- Two new health plans (both at your option) that could save you and your family money should you choose to participate (note: you do not have to leave the plan you are currently in if you are happy with it)
You will be notified shortly of the date and time for a ratification vote. At that meeting we will have full copies of the MOA for your viewing. Thanks to the negotiations committee for all their hard work and congratulations to all the members on achieving this successor agreement!
Let’s Celebrate National Nurses Week!
Click on the flyer below to see events for the entire week.
PROTECT YOUR PENSION
Take an active role in securing your retirement by voting for union endorsed candidates for Trustees to the PERS (Public Employee Retirement System) Board
From April 1, 2015 – May 31, 2015, you can easily vote online, by mail or by phone by doing the following:
- Receive your paper ballot from your HR representative or certifying officer (this should be delivered to you between April 1 and April 10, 2015)
- Locate your PIN # on the ballot.
- Cast your vote online or by phone.
- County employees can call 888-845-2757 or visit https://vote.election-america.com/NJCounty.
Please keep in mind that only active employees (not retirees) that are enrolled in the PERS retirement system can vote in this election. If you are a municipal employee, you cannot vote in this year’s election.