Contract negotiations with University Hospital, Rutgers and Rowan University will begin soon. After open nominations for positions on our Local 5089 Negotiating Committees, there were no contested elections. We are therefore pleased to announce that all nominated members have been elected by acclamation. In addition, our Local Executive Board members will serve ex-officio on their respective negotiating committee by virtue of their office.
The 2014 Negotiating Committees are:
- Elmer Daniels, Case Manager (ex-officio)
- Cynthia Baez, Staff Nurse, Peri-op (ex-officio)
- Trudy Barthelemy, Staff Nurse, Peri-op (ex-officio)
- Lorna Barton, Staff Nurse, ED (alternate)
- Wendy Bobcombe, Staff Nurse, Med/Surg (ex-officio)
- Banita Herndon, Staff Nurse, ED (ex-officio)
- Cynthia MacDougall, Staff Nurse, FHS (ex-officio)
- Yolanda Patron, Staff Nurse, Critical Care (ex-officio)
- Jeannie Redd, Case Manager (ex-officio)
- Joy Strickland, Staff Nurse, Med/Surg (ex-officio)
- Anna Battle, Staff Nurse, UCHC
- Sonia Cole, Staff Nurse, UBHC
- Ann Marie Lozano, Nurse Clinician, RWJMS (ex-officio)
- Janice Fitzgerald, APN, SN FXB/CHP
- Josephine Machado, Staff Nurse, CINJ
- Hemanshu Patel, APN, CINJ (ex-officio)
- Pamela Scott, Research Nurse Clinician, CINJ
- Bruno Beja-Umukoro, CRNA, RWJMS
- Yuk Wong, Staff Nurse, CINJ
- No nominees, to be determined
The Local Executive Board reserves the right to add members or fill vacancies on the Negotiating Committees. Members of the Negotiating Committees will help develop union proposals, participate in bargaining sessions, communicate with members, and help mobilize member support for our efforts. The current agreement expires on September 30, 2014. We’ve notified all three employers of our intent to bargaining a successor agreement. No dates have been scheduled yet for the talks to begin.
Update May 23, 2014: Bruno Beja-Umukoro has resigned from the 5089 Rutgers Negotiating Committee. The Local Executive Board voted on May 15th to appoint Anne Novak, CRNA, at RWJMS to fill the vacancy.