Local 5094 Reaches Tentative Agreement with Rutgers
May 29, 2015
The HPAE Local 5094 bargaining team has reached a tentative agreement with Rutgers management for a new contract covering UMDNJ “Legacy” Professionals. This is the local’s first contract since the merger with Rutgers. The local protected the standards they have worked long to achieve and made a number of significant improvements.
Some highlights of the agreement include:
1. Four year contract – expires June 30,2018
2, Wage increases upon ratification and then again July 1st of each Fiscal Year
3. Greater increases for lower salaries – up to 9.5% – better than the pattern for many members
4. Retroactive lump-sum payment upon ratification for all members
5. Protection from wage freezes like the one at Rutgers in 2010
6. Protections from legislative increases to the cost of health benefits
7. Improved seniority provisions and layoff rights
8. Additional days off
9. Tuition remission for dependent children
Over the next two weeks, the local will be scheduling a series of information meetings on each of the main RBHS campuses to review the terms of the new contract and answer any questions members have before the ratification vote. The will also schedule a “tele-town hall” conference call for members who are unable to attend one of the meetings in person. Voting will be conducted online and by phone.