HPAE Local 5106
October 30, 2018
Episcopal Campus, MAB 213
In attendance: Betsy Nulty, Sue Clements, RichelleKozak, Luann Kline, Yasser El-Khatib, Jeanine Penn, Clara Galati, Joan Schiavo
Employee access to Kronos records including occurrences and credits
- Per Yasser, there will be changes to Kronos in the near future to enable self scheduling
- Staff will be able to view their Kronos records
- Call center moved from Beacon House to Temple Main
- Transport moved to Episcopal Tower 2.
- Letter of intent signed with Sister Mary Scullin to purchase the School of Nursing Bldg.
- Grant has been obtained from the city
- Anticipated work to begin in Nov. 2019 to convert building to residences
Conversion of Beacon House to Respite Center is still in discussion with city and lawyers
- Boiler project will eliminate some parking spots in the west lot
- Renovations to the school of nursing will follow with continues loss of parking
- Employees must park in designated areas
- Employee cars parked in the ER drive will be towed
- Employees should register cars with security
- Needed in C6 bathrooms
- Needed in ER on the wall by the scale
- Luann will address
- Wheelchair scale in the ER would be especially helpful
Staffing on acute behavioral units
- Third nurse for day shift on acute units are being hired.
- Undetermined if there will be three nurses on the weekend
- Increase in census and required q 15min. rounds are presenting challenges
- Staff is requesting a 6th tech when the census is at a certain level
- Management to consider a designation under CRT for rounding
- Difficulty placing patient seeking drug and alcohol placement
- Methadone maintenance only available at Girard and Kirkbride
- Patient can be short formed, but EMTALA requires that all patients be seen by a physician
- Problem with insurances should be directed to Kelly Kulp, Director of Utilization Review
- Management has been in discussion with Meraki to establish an outpatient drug and alcohol center on campus, but a contract has not been signed.
- Would Dr D’Orazio do consult in CRC for suboxone program?
- Staff vs pool scheduling
- Weekend make up
- Weekend requirement:Holiday requirement
- Meeting to be scheduled with ER manager and assistant manager
- Consider rapid response training for non-ER nurses as part of mandatory competencies. Appropriate actions while waiting for response team to arrive.
Review of 9/18/18 Minutes
- Some language line operators are still requesting last name of nurse
- Per Angel Pagan, ER nurses may give first name and initial of last name
- ER nurse burnout due to frequent charge/triage. Newer nurses need to be given ESI course
Management Report (Yasser)
- ANCC Magnet site visit will by Wed. Nov. 14th
- There will be a preceptor program for the techs (CRTs, MHWs, PCTs)
- Techs can apply. Applicant should be exemplary worker with good attendance and clinical excellence
- Goal to support new employees and maintain sustainability
- New interview process for new employees will include manager, clinical specialist and at least one front line employee