Local 5106 Summary of Contract Survey Results
We had 148 surveys returned. A breakdown of the results are below.
- PM4 — 6
- Chemo –4
- Radiology –14
- Heart Station–2
- Crisis response Tech–13
- Social Workers–7
- Behavioral Health Therapists–11
1.What are your most pressing safety concerns? Please list in order of importance.
- Staffing 88%
- Lack of effective security (intervention/safety searches/parking lots) 34%
- Fear of injury/aggressive, abusive patients 20%
- Inability to provide good care/medications errors r/t short staffing 16%
2. Are you able to perform your job duties completely and effectively? If so why or why not?
- Inadequate staffing: nurses and ancillary staff.
- Too much nursing time being spent doing ancillary duties
- Technical units also at times impacted by high work volume and less staff
- Limited assist with transport to CT, patients not prepared
- Equipment problems
- Missing supplies
3. What are your top priorities for these negotiations?
- Improved staffing/staffing ratios 88%
- Salary increase/improved differentials 82 %
- Improved security 34%
- Inadequate prns to manage patient safely (5)
- Medications not readily available in emergency
- Exposure to infectious disease (2)
- Medically compromised patients on the behavioral units
- ASAM criteria (1)
- Increased charge pay
- Increased shift diff
- WE diff for techs (3)
- Differential for techs doing two modalities in a shift (2)
- Extra pay when short staffed
- Paid Maternity Leave (3)
- Increase in tuition reimbursement (2) tuition for dependents (1)
- Tuitions reimbursement for advance practice
- Payout percentage of unused sick time on retirement
- Retirement benefits/medical
- Perfect attendance bonus
- More vacation time
- Cancelled shifts (2)
- Maintain present benefits without increase in co-pays
- 12hr of holiday time for PT staff working 12hr. on the holiday
- Benefits for pool employee
- More weekend time off
- Input from staff prior to making changes
- Religious accommodations
- Payroll error corrected in next pay
- Equitable assignment of holiday time
- Job security
- Staffing is identified as top priority on all nursing units except endo and chem..
- Staffing is identified as an issue in all tech units except heart station and respiratory.
- Professionals identify staffing on their units, specifically insufficient mental health workers as an issue.
- Security is identified as a top priority for ER and CRC staff. It is also identified as an issue on some, but not all inpatient units r/t violent, assaultive patients who are not properly medicated.