On Monday, January 6, 2020, the HPAE Local 5094 Negotiation Committee was able to reach a tentative agreement with University Hospital for a new contract with significant gains after bargaining for over a year. The highlights are as follows:
- Agreement effective from October 1, 2018 through September 30, 2021.
- 2% across the board wage increase retroactive to October 2018.
- 3% across the board wage increase retroactive to January 2020.
- 3% across the board wage increase effective October 2020.
- Tuition refund increased to $3700 per year for full time members which is prorated for part timers.
- New language to protect members that allege their work environments are hostile due to retaliation and intimidation from management.
- Strengthened language to ensure every member receives a fair hearing during the grievance process.
- Updated language to include provisions from the Workplace Democracy Enhancement Act.
The HPAE Local 5094 Negotiation Committee strongly encourages our members to accept the new contract and a copy of the changes can be found here.
Monday, January 27, 2020
7a-9a, 12p-2p, 5p-7p
Conference Room D-230
HPAE 5094 Negotiations Committee
Christine Boardingham, Jacques Lherison, Jacob Luftman, Ivette Suarez-Vega, and Judy Vincenty