HPAE President, Debbie White, spoke with Larry Mendte on Jersey Matters to talk about the need to invest in NJ's only public hospital, University Hospital, a level one trauma center and safety net in Newark.
Recently, The Sopranos prequel “The Many Saints of Newark” was being filmed in the city that bears its name. The movie takes place around the time of the 1967 Newark Uprising.
The Local 5094 Nomination and Election Committee has completed Local 5094 Officer Elections. Candidates will officially take office September 1, 2019. Congratulations to all the winners.
On behalf of the 13,000 nurses and health professionals represented by HPAE, we applaud Governor Phil Murphy’s appointment of Judith Persichilli, BSN, RN as the next Commissioner of Health for the State of New Jersey – the first nurse to
The Nominations and Election Committee announces that there are seven local officer positions and 65 representative positions that are up for election this year.
Management once again rejected all our proposals to date.
I want to speak today to the impact this budget has on University Hospital, health care quality and access, the Department of Health and enforcement of patient safety laws, the opioid crisis, maternity and infant mortality, and public workers’
Rutgers has signed over its health care operations to RWJBarnabas Health and now RWJBarnabas will be making decisions about the healthcare services you will receive.
Once again, management rejected every proposal that we made in the last session, including language on Hostile Work Environment. Their position is that the current policies and systems that the hospital has are working fine.
On February 4th 2019, we met with UH management and exchanged several proposals and responses.
University Hospital is the only public acute care hospital in the state and one of three level 1 trauma centers in New Jersey. It is also the premier research and teaching hospital for the state.
Thats all, folks - no more news!
In This Local
- UH Press Release on New Strategic Plan
- Local 5094 Union Reps - University Hospital
- Local 5094 UH Membership Application
- Local 5094 Contract with University Hospital (2017 - 2018)
- Local 5094 MOA with University Hospital, 2017-2018
- Local 5094 Memorandum of Agreement with University Hospital (2014 – 2017)
- Rutgers response to our security concerns at University Hospital, December 5, 2017
- R-Health: a new program for NJ State Health Benefits Program (SHBP)
- Rutgers Staff Leave Donation Request Form (September 2018)
- Local 5094 Local Officer Nomination Form (2019)
- Proactive Newsletter - August 2019