Health Insurance Changes between the 2019 and 2020 Plans
As you are aware HPAE Local 5138 had filed a grievance in November 2019 based on our position the employer made changes to the 2020 plan that were not reasonably comparable as per your contract. The new date for the arbitration is September 1, 2021. Since this case has been postponed before, we expect it to go forward on this date.
Please take a moment to fill in the survey to let us know if you were personally impacted by the changes during the 2020 year. You still have time to fill in the survey if you missed it last time we sent it out.
Please respond to the survey https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/B6V3FBT by August 30, 2021. If you have a fellow union member who mentioned a problem with last years benefits, please encourage them to fill out the survey.
These are the changes that we saw for the 2020 benefit year.
Medical/Dental Plan changes that increased from 2019 to 2020.
- Deductibles for Premium Plus and Premium Plan increased.
- Premium plus tier 2 increased to $1500/3000 from $750/$1,500.
- Premium plus tier 3 increased to $2000/$4000 from $1,000/$2,000.
- Premium plan tier 2 increased to $3000/$6000 from $1,000/$2,000.
- Maximum Out of Pocket increased.
- Tier 2 premium plus increased to $4000/$8000 from $3500/$7000.
- Tier 2 premium plan increased to $5000/$10,000 from $4500/$9000.
- Dental deductible for PPO increased to $100/ $200 from $50/$100