The Nominations/Election Committee announces that they are currently accepting nominations for open positions to serve on the Negotiations team. In addition to the five (5) officers there will be four (4) elected seats plus two (2) alternates for a total of nine (9) Negotiating Committee Members, plus two (2) alternates.
POSITIONS: Negotiation Team and Alternate Positions.
Job Description for Negotiating Committee Members
- Attend training session on contract negotiations to review the legal framework, procedures, and goals of contract negotiations
- With other committee members, review contract surveys from members and identify key issues
- With other committee members, develop Union contract proposals
- Attend all negotiation sessions with management
- When appropriate, present Union proposals to management
- With other committee members, make revisions/modifications to Union proposals in response to management’s proposals
- Communicate with the membership about the negotiations – Keep the members informed and involved in the process
- Present and explain the tentative agreement to the membership
NOMINATIONS PROCEDURE: Below, you will find a copy of the Nomination/Declaration Form. Return completed nomination form to a committee member, or email to Localelections@hpae.org. Union office phone number (201) 262-5005.
Please note, a signature is not required to complete this form.
NOMINATIONS DEADLINE: Received by 5pm, September 9, 2021
ELECTION DATE: Ballots to be mailed to all members in September . If it is an uncontested election, the committee will cast one ballot on behalf of the slate in which case no ballots will be sent
ELIGIBILITY: All bargaining unit members.
NOMINATIONS/ELECTIONS COMMITTEE: Tim Posser, Judy Merkowsky, Renee Conyers and Jeffrey Ball (HPAE Staff Representative)