We want to start by wishing everyone a happy new year. The start of 2022 continues to be a challenging one as we continue to deal with the unprecedented obstacles of COVID in the midst of a nursing shortage. But as always, if we stand strong together, we will persevere. Some important updates and reminders for staff:
- Nurses may be utilized as “extenders” in other units where there is a critical need. You are entitled to a reassignment differential if you are sent to a unit outside your clinical grouping outlined in Article 27 of our contract. The order of reassignment is:
- Per Diem
- Employees doing voluntary extra shifts
- Full-time and part-time employees in a rotation from the unit’s involuntary reassignment log
- Management and HPAE came to an agreement to offer a bonus if certain nurses volunteer to delay their transfer to other units. Managers are offering this bonus on a case-by-case basis to keep staff in units where there is a critical need.
- Please be advised that you are ineligible for any incentive pay (SIP, PIP, etc) if you call-out during the same week. You must work all of your prescheduled required hours in a week to receive bonus money. There have been exceptions made if you pick up an incentive shift in the same week you have preapproved PTO, but that must be confirmed with your manager.
- Negotiations are fast approaching. We will be sending out a contract survey shortly to prioritize our most important issues.
Please reach out to an officer or unit rep if you have any questions or concerns. Our contact information can be found on hpae.org.
Local 5131 Local Executive Board