We met today with the management team to start our negotiations for a successor contract. They also agreed to additional bargaining dates of March 28th, April 21st & April 26th. Our current contract expires on May 31st. The Union made several proposals today to address the issues that our members submitted in their contract surveys dealing with:
- Across the Board raise for each year of a 3-year agreement
- Staffing ratios as outlined by the NJ State Regulations and additional hiring of CNAs.
- Improved Health & Safety Language
- Establishment of a Pandemic Committee along with Quarantine pay.
- Permanent assignments for CNAs
- Increase in Uniform allowance.
- ESL from day 1 of absence if sick
- Improved health benefits and maintain HRA accounts along with 100% lab and prescription coverage.
As we stated in the first bargaining update it is imperative that all members get involved in this process so that we can maintain and protect our contract. We are facing a new employer and we must have solidarity to fight back against any possible take-aways. We need members on each unit to serve on the Contract Action Team so that we can communicate with everyone as this process plays out. If you would like to serve on the CAT team, please contact one of us ASAP.
We will be putting out a member update after each bargaining session to keep you informed.
You can also find information at https://hpae.org/local5097
TELL THE HARBORAGE/COMPLETE CARE TO RESPECT US, PROTECT US & SUPPORT US
Local 5097 Executive Board
Sandra White, President
Sharon Hodge, Vice-President-Grievance Chair
Sharlene Grant, Secretary-Treasurer