Local 5097 Bargaining Update #3 with Complete Care, April 28, 2023
We met today with the management of Complete Care as we continue negotiations for a successor contract. Our current contract expires on May 31st. Complete Care has agreed to additional bargaining dates of May 9th & 10th. The Union made several counter proposals today to address the issues that our members have said are important to them. We also came to agreement on some issues with Complete Care.
- The Union countered and continued to work on wage proposals.
- The Union proposed stronger staffing language and additional hiring of CNAs.
- The Union proposed improved Health & Safety Language along with a Workplace Violence Committee and the establishment of a Pandemic Committee.
- We reached a tentative agreement on doubling the shift diff from .75 cents to $1.50 for both evening and night shifts.
- Complete Care has agreed to provide uniforms and the union countered with an additional number of uniforms.
- Health benefits with Complete Care agreeing to maintain current HRA accounts through December 31, 2023, and we have a tentative agreement on 100% lab coverage from Quest.
- We reached a tentative agreement on PTO, maintaining the current amount of PTO you have that you will accrue on hours worked.
- We reached a tentative agreement on bereavement leave by increasing it to 5 days for legal spouse, son, daughter, domestic partner, or civil union partner and maintaining the 3 days for others in the current contract.
- We reached a tentative agreement on holidays, maintaining our current 6 holidays.
- We reached a tentative agreement on maintaining the $8 meal pass for those that work unscheduled overtime.
It has been the Committees goal from the start to maintain our current contract language along with additional improvements to benefit the members and our position has not changed.
As we stated in the first bargaining update it is imperative that all members get involved in this process so that we can maintain and protect our contract. We are facing a new employer and we must have solidarity to fight back against any possible take-aways. We need members on each unit to serve on the Contract Action Team so that we can communicate with everyone as this process plays out. If you would like to serve on the CAT team, please contact one of us ASAP.
We will be putting out a member update after each bargaining session to keep you informed.
You can also find information at https://hpae.org/local5097
TELL THE HARBORAGE/COMPLETE CARE TO RESPECT US, PROTECT US & SUPPORT US
Local 5097 Executive Board
Sandra White, President
Sharon Hodge, Vice-President-Grievance Chair
Sharlene Grant, Secretary-Treasurer