Our union negotiating committees continued bargaining with Inspira yesterday but failed to reach an agreement. We have agreed to again extend the contract, this time until July 8th. Union nurses like you have generated public pressure on Inspira by bringing our message of safe staffing and nurse retention to the community, asking for support. Administration has definitely been responding, ending the last session saying they needed to confer with the CEO before making their next move.
However, we must keep up the pressure to get to a final settlement on these remaining issues:
- Safe Staffing – including protection from the overuse of on-call
- Holidays – protecting double time for members at 5131 and raising us to that standard.
- Pay raises – the boss is currently holding at 1% increase a year
If you are not working, please plan to attend the Glassboro Family Fit & Fun Fest to talk to community members about how they can support us in winning a strong contract that protects patients and retains the best nurses for our community. This event is sponsored by Inspira, so we know they will get the message.
- WHEN: Saturday, June 18th, 4p-9p
- WHERE: Rowan Blvd. in Glassboro (just off the circle, free parking in the garage)