Outsourcing: Our Priority is our job security
Management has proposed to take away our layoff protections in the event of outsourcing (Article 3, Section 2). In light of what has recently happened in Bayonne in outpatient dialysis and with Case Management at CH, we must keep our protection.
Management open contract proposals as of May 25th’s bargaining session
- Remove limits on 25 year employees working weekends (currently 310 hours per year) -nurses who are floated can be placed in charge based on “operational needs”
- UNLIMITED downstaffing (we have a limit of 3 shifts
- per four week schedule)
- Management can force charge nurses to take a patient assignment On units and shifts where they currently do not have to
Union open contract proposals management has rejected as of May 25th’s bargaining session
- Charge nurses shall not have a patient assignment at all times
- Penalties for management not meeting staffing ratios
- Reinstate Weekend differential
- Increase tuition reimbursement, BSN and MSN recognition differential
We have not had discussion on wages, step increases, retirement or health insurance benefits to date.
Upcoming Bargaining Dates
May 31, June 4, 5, 7, 15, 20, 22, 26, 28, 28, 29, 30
Location: Christ School of Nursing
169 Palisade Ave, Jersey City, NJ
1st Joint Session with Bayonne Medical Center Wednesday June 13 BMC employees are HPAE members and their contract also expires on June 30
Thursday June 7, 2018
Location: Staff Room C
6:30am-730am 12pm-1pm 6pm-7pm
A vote will be held to authorize concerted activity up to and including a strike
No voting will be take place in between meetings.
Our committee continues to bargain in good faith with CarePoint, but as the deadline draws near, we must be assured there is a balance of power and we have options to get the contract you deserve.