- On February 4th 2019, we met with UH management and exchanged several proposals and responses.
- Management has rejected our proposal to add Salary Adjustment language to allow our members to be moved up on the step scale if their salaries are significantly below market or their job responsibilities have increased. Instead, they proposed to eliminate our step scale entirely.
- Management also rejected our proposals on promotions and transfers, and comp time.
- We rejected Management’s proposal to expand their prerogatives under Management Rights to an exhaustive list including “taking any means necessary” to carry out the mission of the hospital.
- Finally, we made a comprehensive proposal on Inclement Weather which would
- allow members to challenge their classification as essential,
- suffer no loss of pay or leave time if their department or facility is closed,
- remove penalties on essential staff who provide documentation of inability to come in.
Stay connected to your Union Rep or Liaison for more updates.
Our next session is Thursday February 28th 9am-5pm (ADMC 8). All members are encouraged to stop by. E-mail firstname.lastname@example.org to RSVP.
Come to the Hospital’s Community Oversight Board meeting on Wednesday February 13th at 10am in room D-230 to hold hospital management accountable to its staff and the Newark Community.
HPAE 5094 Negotiations Committee
Tom Murphy, Christine Boardingham, Jacques Lherison, Jacob Luftman, Ivette Suarez-Vega, and Judy Vincenty.