Episcopal Campus, MAB 213
In attendance: Betsy Nulty, Sue Clements, Luann Kline, Clara Galati, Jeanine Penn, Joan Schiavo
Review of Minutes 4/23/19
- CRC discharges not being sent to ER to wait for cabs. Issue resolved.
- TUH-ER patients being sent to CRC should have an identifying neon label and report called to CRC. Episcopal ER does not re-screen patients coming from Temple ER; they go directly to CRC.
- Yasser spoke to ER director regarding doctors delaying disposition of patients
- To ensure fair distribution of OT, consider return to paper requests as it is almost impossible to verify such in Kronos
Union Agenda Items
- Assessor did a good job touring the facilities and seeking out input from employees
- Night supervisor should have been included in the discussions as she sees firsthand the issues overnight in the whole facility
- Screening for weapons: Patients coming in on a stretcher should be wanded as soon as possible. Security is waiting for staff to OK; staff sometimes forget to call security.
- Check that patient has a blue arm band verifying that they have been wanded.
- Safety of ER entrance: Cost of $375,000 for addition to the ER entry. On hold for now.
- Concern of poor response from the police; per Luann, 911 system has built in priorities. A more pressing issue will automatically take precedence
- ER staff try to move police and their patients through quickly; quid pro quo
- Request to Fire Rescue to call ahead and report Class 4 violent patient coming in
- C6 patients should be transported to ER via stretcher; not room to maneuver a bed.
No reports from Temple ER
- No reports on patients going to CRC
- No report that sexual assault nurse was coming from Temple to see a CRC patient
Sexual Assault Victims
- No longer being examined at Special victims
- State requirement that all hospitals conduct sexual assault exams
- Per Betsy research, SANE nurses do the exams at Temple because the SANE supervisor quit and there in no one to train the staff.
- Will SANE nurses do exams at Episcopal?
Six week schedules will be starting soon
- Staff will need new deadline dates for rquesting time
- Regular staff will sign up before pool
- Proposed change in Tier I pool to included one weekend day in 6 week schedule
- No longer available
- Key cards should be available in the next day or two; the cards will include one transfer.
Are C 6 nurses covered to do respiratory treatment?
- Respiratory therapist in ER with a code unable to come to the unit
- Per Luanne, they should come as soon as possible
- Issue with nurses needing competencies for giving nebs
- Issue of bargaining unit work
- Luann to check into issues on past weekend 5/25/19
Will ER admissions be sent to Temple or Jeanes instead of C6?
- Any appropriate ER admission will be sent to C6
- Plan to keep beds full with long term patients from Temple, but not to eliminate admissions
- Jeanine will check into patients who are admitted to C6 and discharged within the hour.