We are working toward getting an agreement by 7am on May 31 that includes winning improvements in staffing, health and safety, accountability for HMH on payroll/PTO/LOA and wages. On the other hand, HMH is continuing to press new proposals to remove staffing and patient safety language.
HMH wants to modify non nursing duties and expand non-nursing duties in the OR. The entire country recognizes our sacrifice. But HMH wants us to work in chaos all the time.
HMH wants to remove staffing language including protections for PCTs on the unit. We need the PCTs and all the ancillary staff who take care of the patients.
HMH wants to take away your right to bump agency nurses. It is a fundamental right that we, the employees of JSUMC and SOMC, can work all available shifts before an agency nurse. We will not let them take our right to work.
We need you to take Action now more than ever.
- Let us know if you are willing to give a statement to OSHA or on our health and safety grievance.
- Stand up for your rights now. Cancelations, bumping, float pay, non-nursing duties, PPE. HMH is trying to wear away your contract. We need everyone to exercise their rights. Read your contract and notify your manager when they are violating it. Then let us know so we can work together to enforce every right we have. We hear many nurses are enforcing their right to bump agency 72 hours in advance. Keep it up.
- Take a photo of yourself and coworkers with the HPAE shields or buttons and post publicly. The public is on our side to demand PPE, workers compensation for exposure, protections for all staff. What will HMH do when the second wave hits? Lets hold them accountable now.
- Plan to attend the General Membership meeting on May 18th at 8am, 4pm and 8pm. We will be emailing and texting the conference call code over the next day. Call in to get updates and discuss the Strike Authorization Vote.
- When you get the notice in the mail and email to Vote for Strike Authorization, get informed and participate in the vote.
Strike Authorization Vote: AAA, American Arbitration Association will be conducting our Strike Authorization vote. The mailing of voting instructions and Personal Identification Numbers (“PINs”) will take place on Wednesday, May 13, 2020. The emailing of voting instructions and PINs will take place on Tuesday, May 19, 2020, at 6:00 AM. The online polling is set to begin on Tuesday, May 19, 2020, at 7:00 AM, and conclude on Thursday, May 21, 2020, at 7:00 PM.
Voters with missing PINs will be directed to request replacements by calling AAA Duplicate Hotline 1-800-529-5218 Monday through Friday, 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. This number is to be utilized only for PIN requests. Members may also make requests by e-mailing Sacha Ulerio at email@example.com. Voters are asked not to call prior to May 19, 2020, to allow sufficient time for the delivery of all voting packets.