The Coalition of Rutgers Unions (CRU) has met with Rutgers (RU) this week to negotiate over the impact of the mandatory vaccination policy. We will continue to negotiate on Monday. The CRU asked many questions, some of which RU clarified. RU will be putting out an official statement soon. Here are some of the clarifications:
- The Vaccine Mandate states that you must be vaccinated and upload your vaccination information by 8/1/21.
- On Monday, 8/2/21, RU will send counseling notices to those who have not complied.
- On Monday, 8/16/21, RU will begin disciplinary actions, up to and including termination.
- If you are partially vaccinated, upload that information. RU will not initiate discipline on 8/2/21. If you fail to become fully vaccinated, discipline will be initiated.
- If you have submitted a Medical Accommodation or a Religious Exemption form by 8/1/21, RU will not begin discipline on 8/2/21. This does not mean that your Accommodation/Exemption will be approved.
- If your Accommodation/Exemption is not approved, you will need to communicate your intention to become vaccinated or disciplinary actions will begin.
- If you have been trying to make a medical appointment and will not meet the deadlines that RU has stated, please email the Accommodation department. Get something on the record that you are trying to comply with the directives, to avoid discipline starting.
The CRU has asked for the names of who are covered by this policy and who has not complied. We have not received this information yet. If you are having trouble submitting forms, please contact a manager and ask for assistance where you should send this information. You do not have to show your manager what you are sending. You can also contact your local union rep for assistance. We can assist with where forms should be sent. Do not send your forms to HPAE.
The CRU will continue to negotiate over the impact of the mandate and will update you as information becomes clearer.
Sabrina Brown-Oliver, Vice President, HPAE Local 5089
Ryan Novosielski, Co-President, HPAE Local 5094
Justin O’Hea, Co-President, HPAE Local 5094