Tuesday, April 5th, 2022
9:30 am to 1:00 pm
Maggiano’s Italian Restaurant
Riverside Square, Hackensack, NJ
We want to meet with Communicators to develop approaches to have an active membership. Your participation and ideas are vital to the success of our local.
It is imperative that members become active participants in the mandate given to their leaders. The union leadership has put the membership’s mandate on the agenda at every JNPC meeting by requesting meetings with management and by requesting information to further discussions, to no avail. And why would EH administration enter into productive discussions – they believe they are only talking to the seven HPAE leaders? They need to know they are talking to 600 leaders.
The membership mandate given to the leadership is…
- recruitment and retention of nurses
- improve staffing
- eliminate barriers to the reasonable use of benefit time
- provide effective continuing education on protocols/standards/new technologies & pharmacology
- improve wages
- develop a pandemic policy inclusive of surge bonus
- collaborate with Englewood administration to achieve these goals and address the many challenges that continue to face healthcare and Englewood Hospital
We know from our well documented Fifty Year history of our local union that having an active and full-membership base is our best defense and offense to achieve our goals. Building a strong union through member involvement is the best way to achieve those goals.